Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, November 30, 2015

First Baptism, and Finding an Investigator at the Institute!

Hi friends and family!

I'm sorry for not sending an email out last week.  I didn't watch my time well enough and completely ran out of time!  This week was such a great one, we had our first baptism!  James got baptized and I'm so grateful to have been a part of it!  He has changed his life so much for the gospel.  Before he heard the discussions he was a very big partier and drinker.  He didn't have a place to live and would just crash at different people's houses.  His family life wasn't a great one and he knew there had to be more out there.  Of all places he ended up in west Spokane in Cheney, Washington. One of the people he stayed with some of the time was a member of the church and referred him to the missionaries!  It's amazing how much the gospel has changed his life, and changed the person he is today.  His testimony is so strong!  The baptism went so well, the spirit was so strong there!  It's another testimony to me of how this church is true and how it changes lives.  This week we will work with him on getting him to the temple for baptisms for the dead and also getting the priesthood.  The next step will be getting him a calling and his patriarchal blessing!  We have another baptism coming up in two weeks, his name is Andy.  I'm so excited and blessed to serve in this area and I'm happier than ever!

We saw the biggest miracle ever with finding a new investigator!  J  James was going to the “Productive Life” institute class so we decided to go with him to keep contact with him until his baptism on Saturday.  We’ve never been to that class before because we’ve just never had time.  But this week all of the students are mostly gone for Thanksgiving and campus is pretty dead so we had more time than usual that wasn’t filled.  Since James was going we were able to go.  While there, we met Elijah, who we found out was roommates with a member.  He is a local, has a Christian background, and loved the institute class.  After the class we went up and asked him if he would like to learn more and he said that he would!  J  We have an appointment with him next Tuesday after the class again!! It really strengthened my faith in the fact that we can’t just find people on our own, but instead, Heavenly Father helps with that so much and has prepared people and puts them in our path!!  I’m so grateful for that tender mercy this week!!

My amazing companion is from China, and we've been doing a lot of Chinese work lately. I'm getting a Chinese name tag and learning how to say my testimony in Chinese! :)  I love it here and I'm excited for the Holidays!  We had three families feed us for Thanksgiving!!!  Needless to say that was a lot of food... we had to pray to make it through the last meal.  ;) 

I love you all! Thank you for all of the emails, packages, support, and love! It makes a world of difference.  :)

Love,

Sister Worthen :) 

James at his baptism

On exchanges with Sister Brown

Finally got to see Sister Stokes

Setting up our little Christmas
tree in our cottage

Selfies with Sister Huang


Beautiful area by the lakes

No comments:

Post a Comment