Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, November 9, 2015

Wonderful Investigators! The Work Is Progressing!

Holy cow this week has been a busy one but a great one!! I'm so happy here and I'm as healthy as I can be!!!  YSA work is the best. It's a little bit like being back up at college again. I've learned so much from the students here though, and even though most of them are less active, the ones that are active are SO strong in the gospel! We will hopefully have two baptisms at the end of this month and one baptism in December! They are all progressing really well.  Their names are John, James, and Andy.  John and James should be baptized later this month if they stay on date (we are hoping to find an investigator named Peter because that would be super cool ;) ) and Andy will be baptized the second week in December! Super cool! They are all doing great and progressing really well! We also had two new investigators this week and we're hoping to teach them the discussions and put them on date as well, but you never know.  :)  My favorite part about missionary work is street contacting and tracting, which most missionaries hate, but I love talking to everyone I meet about the gospel!  :)

My trainer (Sister Huang) is AMAZING and I'm learning a little bit of Chinese! So now I can share my testimony in Tongan and Chinese.  ;)  Who knew I would learn so much serving an English speaking mission?  :)  She is SO sweet and I love her to death!!!  We're already great friends and it's going to be so hard for me when she goes back to China in December!!  Every day is the best with her and I really feel like she's teaching me so much and that she really does care about me and how I'm doing. :) She's such a great missionary that sometimes I feel a bit inadequate, but I'm learning a ton!

A couple of items:
There is a dentist that does free teeth cleanings for missionaries! So if I don't get transferred (which we shouldn't), I will go to him for free but I'll keep the insurance card thing on file for the future.  Thanks for that!
We have a washer and dryer in our cottage (super blessed by that) but no dish washer so we have to wash our dishes by hand every night. You can imagine how well I just love doing that.  ;)
The weather is starting to get more crappy, the only difference from Utah is that it's always sprinkling slightly - but more like mist. And it's REALLY foggy in the mornings and nights! Like clouds of fog, it's really cool.  :) We live right by Medical Lake in Four Lakes and its really pretty there when it gets foggy around the lake. ;)
I got olaf slippers (they were on clearance for three dollars) and i wear them every second we are in the cottage.

We went on exchanges this week and I was with Sister Griffith. She's hilarious and I learned a ton from her! The best part is she knows ASL so we spent a lot of the day signing to each other! 
A weird fact about Washington is that NO ONE drinks out of regular cups! Everyone uses mason jars. I haven't had a meal yet where I drank from a regular cup. I went to dollar tree this morning to buy a cup with a straw, but they didn't sell any. Instead they sell mason jars with a straw in it!! Only in Washington. :)  I love being a missionary and my mission has already meant so much to me and truly changed my life!  :) 

Thank you all for your letters and your support and emails! 

I love you all!  :)

Love,

Sister Worthen  :)

Olaf slippers

On exchanges with Sister Griffith





Sister Huang enjoying Cheetos for the
first time.  Sister Griffith with the
photobomb.  :)
There are beautiful sunrises here!
A quick lunch
Letters from home

No comments:

Post a Comment