Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Love Our Investigators, Staying in Cheney, and Passing Out

Hi friends and family!  :)

So we got our transfer calls last night.... Sister Huang and I will be staying! Woo!!!! I love this area and Sister Huang is the best trainer in the world. She'll finish up my training and she finishes her mission after this transfer. It'll be so hard for me when she goes back to China after Christmas! She was called as the new Sister Training Leader over all of the sisters in our zone and will need to go on about two exchanges a week, so I'll be going on about TEN exchanges this transfer which is a ton! But it will be so much fun to work in the area and get to know the sisters in our zone more!

So this week has been interesting.... I fainted in front of an investigators house on the grass this week. I guess there is a first time for everything. :)  I woke up not feeling super great, but I didn't want to be an unproductive missionary and plus it was my first official exchanges with my Sister Training Leader Sister Kruitbasch and I didn't want to miss those, so I just pushed through it hoping that it would wear off (more just like a head cold and feeling light headed type of sick). Well her area is a biking area so after biking up this huge hill I felt really sick so we took a second to lock up our bikes and then we were saying a prayer outside on the grass in front of the investigators house before we went in.  All I heard was "Dear Heavenly Father" and then the world turned all tingly and black. The next thing I knew I was laying on the grass staring up at the sky.  We made it home, and Sister Wall the mission nurse had me go see a doctor in Spokane (it was free) and he said that my protein levels are really low as well as my blood sugar. He said I need to have a lot more protein in my diet so he gave me a brand of protein drink mix to have every morning. Also drinking warm lemon and honey water each night will help the natural sugar levels in my body. We don't get any member meals since we are in YSA so we don't really eat anything besides noodles, bagels, and cereal so hopefully the protein mix will help!!  :) My cold is better now too, and I’m feeling great now, so that's good.  Definitely an adventure!

Even though I was sick we still saw so many blessings this week! James is being baptized in two weeks if all goes well.  He is doing great and progressing well towards that. Andy will be baptized the following week, and then Deneisha will be baptized the week after that! :) Woo!! Deneisha being on date for baptism was a huge miracle because she hasn't really been progressing until this week. She's doing amazing now! :)  She's the investigator that I started teaching from day one and she is so amazing!!! Her baptism date is December 19th but it might have to be moved around because of the college Christmas break. But I really hope she progresses!!! So any prayers for her and James and Andy would be appreciated.

Well I love you all! :) Thank you for all of your emails, letters, and support!

Love, 
Sister Worthen   :) 

Sister Huang eating chicken nuggets
with chopsticks.  No, we did not make the
chicken nuggets from the
chickens from our backyard.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment