Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, November 2, 2015

A YSA Ward, Chickens, and a Cottage

Hi friends and family!:)

This week has been really crazy busy with the transfer to Spokane! It's been so great though and I really love it here! I'm serving in Spokane West in the Cheney YSA ward! We have a huge area so it's all a car area, no biking. We cover the entire stake (consisting of ten wards) so it's huge. Basically it's like covering Layton, Kaysville, Farmington, Centerville and Bountiful. I love it here though! We live in Cheney with members on their little farm (which only has chickens so really it's just like farm land with no farm animals, which is perfectly fine with me;)) We live in a little guest cottage on the property next to the members house, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen! Super homey and adorable, I absolutely love it. My new trainer is amazing! Her name is Sister Huang and she is from mainland China. We do a lot of Chinese lessons too (I just sit and feel the spirit, I can't really contribute much;)). She will finish her mission in December after Christmas so this next upcoming transfer will be her last and I'll be her last companion. She really is the best ever, super sweet and patient and loving! I'm still driving though because she doesn't have a license and people in Washington don't know how to drive over 35 miles an hour... big change from Utah drivers;) We got to go to the Spokane temple last week too and do a session which was really cool! This week we'll be able to go and attend the baptism for the dead session in the temple for Sister Huang's recent converts, i'm so excited for that!:)

I'm still adjusting to YSA work, especially on a university campus! Hopefully this coming week will bring a lot more teaching experiences as we find new investigators to teach!:) This week was basically meetings, transfer, temple, and adjusting to the new area, so next week i'll hopefully have more spiritual experiences to report!:)

I love you all and hope you have a great week!:)

Love,
Sister Worthen:)

PS thank you all for your sweet letters/emails! They definitely make the work go by quicker and make my day better!:)

View out our back window
With the other sisters
at the temple




Our kitchen

Bedroom
Missionary teddy bears  :)

Chickens in our yard!
Living room in our cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment