Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Work Continues in the YSA and Silver Lake Wards

Hi family and friends!  :)

This last week we had to say goodbye to Sister Stokes, who needed to go home for medical reasons.  I'm going to miss her so much, and pray for the best for her, and hope to see her back out again soon!

This week we went with our new investigator Jess to the temple grounds and had a lesson there!  It was such an amazing opportunity, and she is so elect and prepared!  We are preparing her for her baptism right now, but she will be baptized back in her home town though of tri-cities. The downfall of teaching in a YSA ward on campus is that we teach the investigators and prepare them for baptisms, but then they are baptized back home where their family and friends are.  It can be hard not getting a baptism after all of your hard work, but it makes me happy to know I helped prepare them.  :) 

This week, we watched the church Educational System broadcast with all the missionaries in the zone and that was really great!  After that Sister Johnson went on exchanges with the sisters down in Ritzville, so I stayed with the sisters in the Cheney 1st Ward for the night.  That's Sister Lott and Sister Paget.  We had dinner with the Browns and taught another new member discussion with James.

We had an amazing zone conference too this past week, and I had to sing "Be Still My Soul" acapella with my companion and another set of elders.... it actually sounded a lot better than I thought it would!  I mean I didn't sound completely like a dying whale, so I would consider that a success!  Sister Johnson has been teaching me how to train my voice, and actually it isn't half bad.  :)

Right now we are covering two different areas and it's been so busy and crazy!  I've never been more tired or exhausted in my life, but I love my mission and being exhausted is the best feeling.  We found a new family of investigators this week for the Silver Lake ward!  They have five dogs, a German shepherd, three pit bulls, and a tiny Maltese puppy named Snuggles.  Basically Snuggles and I are best friends now.  :)   But the family committed to come to stake conference this coming week! Hopefully we will be able to find a lot of new investigators this week and get some good street contacting time in on campus!

Thank you all for your love and support!  I know how much this gospel blesses families, and I've seen it change lives out here.  It all starts with the first commitments, to read the Book of Mormon, pray to know if it's true, and attend church.  Miracles stem from those three small things that show our faith.  :)

I love you all!

Love,

Sister Worthen  :)   (4 months down.... time is going by so quickly!!!!!) 


On the temple grounds with Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment