Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

EWU Students Are Back. Looking Forward to the Work Picking Up

Hey everyone! 

Happy New Years!!  This week has been a fresh new start with a new companion for this transfer!  My new companions name is Sister Jessica Johnson from Riverton Utah, and she is awesome!  She actually was my first Sister Training Leader when I was down in Moscow!  She is such a hard worker and upbeat and positive and obedient. We get along great and i'm so blessed to have her as my companion! 

We had an awesome week!  We've been struggling to find new investigators to baptize because all of our progressing investigators got baptized last transfer, which is a great thing but we are back to square one with finding new investigators.  We found five new investigators this week!  Totally a miracle with every single one of them.  I'm super excited that the students are back on campus now after the break is over, the past few weeks have been a little bit slow.  We should see the work picking up now!

We also had the opportunity to teach James a new member lesson this week.  He is preparing to get his patriarchal blessing.  We taught a lesson with him on that topic and it went well.  He even has his interview and appointment set up!

This week, we got a few referrals from mormon.org.  We haven't gotten referrals from that before, so that is awesome!  It turns out that one of them is for a guy that is in the prison here!  We have to get special permission to teach the guy.  I'm not even sure if that's possible.  :)

One amazing thing we had happen this week was our new investigator Mackenzie prayed out loud in front of us for the first time!  It was such a miracle and the sweetest most sincere prayer I have ever heard in my entire life.  We were all in tears after it!  I know this gospel changes people from the inside out.  I've seen it change lives and change the fabric of people's very being!  :)  I love being a missionary and I love Cheney Washington.  It's funny how you can come to love a little town that three months ago you didn't even know existed!  I never realized how much I love Cheney and Eastern Washington University until I gave Sister Johnson a tour of the campus.

I love you all!  Thanks for your love and your support.  :)

Love,

Sister Worthen  :)

The sisters in my zone before
this last transfer


























This is Sister Blauer who was in my zone
before this last transfer.  I actually went to
elementary school with her!
















Sister Huang before she went home.  These
are our Christmas PJs that my parents
sent as part of our Christmas gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment