Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Cheney Trio and Training

Hey Friends and Family!

So this week is officially the craziest week I've ever had on my mission!  To start off.... I got called as a trainer.  We were put in a trio for this transfer so I'm with Sister Johnson (who got called as the full time Sister Training Leader over our zone, so she's gone with other sisters a lot), and then Sister Stokes was added this week.  I'll be training Sister Stokes!  Ah!!  It's so crazy because I just finished my own training last transfer, but I'm so glad to have the opportunity with training her!  And just to add to all of the excitement, we just found out yesterday that we'll be covering two areas now, the Cheney YSA Ward and now the Silver Lake Ward as well!  So that's six hours of church every Sunday.  ;)  I'm looking forward to the growth that will come with all of these changes, even though it's a bit overwhelming. 

This week Heavenly Father helped us find nine new investigators!  Nine!  That was the best week we've had so far finding investigators.  The Cheney YSA Ward is doing so great and I love it so much.  :)  The biggest miracles happened this week when we found a girl named Jess.  She wants to be baptized so badly but her mom is against it, so we are praying for her mom to have her heart softened.  She'll be baptized eventually, I know she will be.  :)

Unfortunately, we had three investigators that either had to cancel their appointments this week, or didn't show up, and that was really hard.  Some days you've got to just push through the hard days and appreciate the good ones!

We taught a new investigator that we met on campus named Morgan, and she is so awesome!  She is a sophomore and is studying biology to become an orthodontist.  She was so receptive to the restoration lesson too and the spirit was so strong there.  I love repeating the first vision because those words of Joseph Smith bring the spirit in stronger than our words could.  We have two appointments set with her for next week!  

I love you all and I'm so thankful for the love and support!

Love,

Sister Worthen

The Cheney and Silver Lake Trio!  Sister Johnson,
Sister Worthen, and Sister Stokes
Sister Stokes joined us this last week




























Eastern Washington University

No comments:

Post a Comment