Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Friday, January 22, 2016

A Moose, Some Turkeys, and a Few Short Comments

Hi Friends and Family,

This is actually Taya’s Dad and Mom filling in a bit for Taya this week.  Because of the holiday this last Monday, P-day for their mission was moved to Tuesday.  Taya wasn’t able to send a “friends and family” email home because they didn’t have much time, and were really busy taking care of some things.  She was able to send home a few photos along with a few comments to us, so we decided to go ahead and piece those together here.  We’re a bit late doing that this week though.  Here are a few things from her:

“This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission, but as hard as this week has been, I don’t think I’ve ever felt more close to the spirit.”

“We did have two amazing lessons the other day!  J  We have been praying and fasting so much to be able to find people to share the gospel with.  Our first lesson was with Morgan, a girl that we street contacted on exchanges before Christmas.  We read the Book of Mormon and set a baptismal date with her for February 6th!  She offered such a sincere prayer and she said it was a feeling that she never felt before.  The spirit was so strong!  I love when the spirit testifies to those who honestly are seeking to know if this is the true church.  It builds my testimony every time they get an answer!  I know that Morgan will be baptized, she is so definitely prepared and elect!  J

“We also taught Jess the other day as well.  She is so ready and prepared for baptism, but she wants her mom’s full support for it.  We are fasting and praying for her as well.  I know that prayer and fasting work so strongly!  J

“I love Sister Johnson and Sister Stokes so much, and so want what is best for them.”

“We haven’t had too many more crazy storms, and yes Dad, the Garmin still works great!”

“I am happy on my mission and I love it and wouldn’t give it up for the world!  J  ”

“We totally saw a moose the other day, and ran down the railroad tracks to take a picture!  That’s the closest  I’ve ever been to a moose!”   Note from Dad:  That’s when I wrote her back and told her that people are not supposed to run TOWARDS a moose!

“We also saw a huge flock of wild turkeys!  I ran towards them down a hill to get a picture and was all excited, but then they ran away from me.  L  But hey...... wild turkeys!  J  ”  Note from Dad:  I'm a bit worried that she's always running TOWARDS wildlife.  I'm really hoping they don't come across a bear!

“Yup, I’m keeping warm.”

“I miss you guys, my family and friends like crazy!  Thank you for always loving me and supporting me and helping me through!  J  ”


Bonfire activity with the YSA ward and Jess

This is Jess (in the hat) who we have been teaching




At a ward activity with the YSA ward, and Jess

Basically Smores are good for any occasion!

Text from one of our investigators

The Cheney Trio


Wild turkeys!


If you look close, there is a moose down the tracks!


No comments:

Post a Comment