Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Filipino Lunch and a Hipster Thrift Shop

Hi everyone!

This week has been an awesome one!  For starters we got to go to the temple this week and that was such a great opportunity!  I love going to the Spokane temple, even though it's tiny compared to the ones in Utah. Thank you all for your packages and for the love! 

Covering two wards has been crazy, but I love it!  We have met some amazing ward members.  This week we had a great referral come to us that we will be teaching.  Her name in Silvia and she's looking for a church right now which is perfect!

I got a tiny taste of Brittin’s world today!  There are two investigators in the Silver Lake ward from the Philippines.  Their names are Femme and Kora.  They invited us over for a Filipino lunch.  Femme’s house was so cool; she had tons of interesting things from the Philippines.  The food was really good, and we had a lesson with them.

We went on exchanges this week, and I went with Sister Schmidt.  She’s so awesome!  She is from California and is hilarious.  We worked in the Silver Lake ward and it was the funniest morning ever!  :)  We volunteered at this little hipster thrift shop in Medical Lake called the Care and Share.  The lady who owns it is named Annie, and she is the best.  She has the funniest sense of humor in the world.  We are going to volunteer there on Saturday mornings when we can.

Transfers are on the ninth, we find out on the seventh if we are to be transferred or not.  :)  I guessing I will either be transferred this transfer or next, so we'll see!  I'm thinking it will be next transfer, but everyone else thinks it will be this transfer.  I've been here the longest in the zone now; all of the original missionaries here have been transferred out.  :)  I'm ok with either.  I love this zone and the ward, Cheney YSA will forever be my “baby” ward.

Love you all!!

Love,
Sister Worthen  :)



At the temple with Sister Johnson

Dinner with the Jongewards


They gave us each a towel with our
names embroidered on it!

YSA missionary planning meeting


The lakes are starting to thaw a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment