Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Work Continues - And an Engagement!

Hi Friends and Family!

So to start off.... Ruth and James are engaged!!!  My recent convert is engaged to the Relief Society President!  He popped the question the night before Valentines Day.  They are getting married in the temple but have to wait until his year mark so they will be engaged for nine months until they can get sealed in the temple in December!!  That's the most rewarding part of missionary work.  Ah!!!!  :)

This week has been good, but my health hasn't been too great. Hopefully seeing the doctor this week will help out with things so I can get back to full strength! 

I hope you all had a great Valentines Day!

As part of my studies, I'm redoing Personal Progress and Mom and Dad, I really want to make both of you a part of it.  :)   Personal Progress has really come to mean a lot to me!  So Mom could you send me a letter this week about what qualities a woman needs in order to teach children to have faith and base their decision on gospel truths?  And then Dad can you write me a handwritten paragraph (that I can stick in my Personal Progress journal) about an experience that has strengthened your faith?

I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie Wells.... my heart breaks for her family and for the other missionaries involved in the crash.  They will be in my prayers!  Sadie was the most lovable person in the world, she was so kind to everyone and every single person in high school loved her.  I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation and that families can be together forever!  There is no doubt in my mind that she is continuing her mission right now for those people who didn't have a chance to hear the gospel in this life.  I'm sure she is having so much success helping people come unto Christ! 

I love you all!

Love,

Sister Worthen  :) 



The sisters in our zone before transfers.  And
Elder Crates photobombing in the background.

The Spokane Best (West) Zone before transfers
One of the YSA ward members surprised us with
some Valentines Day groceries.  I think we cried
for about 20 minutes!


Sister Johnson being crazy.  She's
the best!

Thank you to the Mia Maids in my home
ward for the Valentines Day package!
With Sister Lott before she was transferred

No comments:

Post a Comment