Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, February 8, 2016

Staying Here in This Area For Another Transfer!

 Since Valentine’s Day is on Sunday... Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!  :)

 I hope you all have a great holiday!  Valentine’s Day is hilarious serving in a YSA ward... they are all scrambling for dates for the FHE activity.  :)   Sister Johnson is my date and we are bringing cookies haha.  :)  We got transfer calls last night and... I'm staying in the Cheney YSA ward and the Silver Lake Ward for another transfer!  That will mean by the time this next transfer is over I'll have served 1/3 of my mission! I love it here and I'm so excited to stay. 

Mom and Dad, thank you for the Valentine’s Day package!!!  The pretzels are always my favorite.  :)  Holy cow the Jesus the Christ book you sent is SO addicting!  I can't put it down; it has so much cool doctrine in there!  Thank you thank you thank you for sending me that.  :)  We made the cupcakes today to take to P day and give them to the zone.  :)  They turned out super cute.

I FINALLY finished my study project!  I looked up and read every single scripture in Preach My Gospel, chose one from the Book of Mormon and one from the Bible for every teaching point, and marked it for teaching and wrote a sticky note.  Final project complete!  It only took three transfers!   Oh and the commandments lesson has tons of stickies..... apparently there are a lot of commandments.  :)

We've really been working on the faith to find new investigators this week.  We've been on campus a ton and the weather finally is warming up so people are more willing to stand on campus and talk to us.  I went on exchanges with Sister Lott.  She is an awesome missionary.  She came out a transfer before me and we’ve served around each other almost the whole time.  We did a lot of street contacting.  When we go on exchanges, I love taking the other sisters on campus to street contact for the first time, because it’s like the most intense version of street contacting there is.  The students are walking from class to class super fast, and sometimes its cold out, so they don’t have much time to stand and chat.  So you have about 45 seconds to get to know them, testify of the restoration, set up an appointment, and say a prayer with them right on campus.  It’s the best!  Probably one of my favorite things about being a YSA missionary.

We are having a face to face question and answer session with Elder Holland this transfer too!  It will be on campus and I'm super excited for that.  We've seen so many small miracles this week!  Our investigator Jess got up and bore her testimony on the spirit this week.  She talked about how in one of our lessons she got the revelation she needed on how to approach her mom on allowing her to be baptized. Since she is over eighteen she doesn't technically need her mom's permission, but she doesn't want to go against her mom's will and be baptized so we are working with her on how to soften her mom's heart and resolve some of her concerns.  Jess also brought a less active guy back to church with her who hasn't been active in a long time!  They had been on a few dates last week and he wanted to come to church with her. Again, I think it's an effect of YSA valentines, but hey we'll take it! We are teaching a new family of investigators tonight, but then we will have to pass them off to the elders because they aren't YSA. Still exciting though!

I've seen so many miracles happen in this area. The biggest thing I've seen and learned is how to really honor the Sabbath day more fully.  The YSA ward has been focusing on this and has been challenged to turn their phones off on Saturday night and not turn them back on until Monday morning.  The whole vibe of our ward has changed and the spirit is so much stronger on Sundays!  The ward unity has grown and the work has increased!  So I would challenge all of you to try doing that for one Sunday and put it to the test.  :)   I promise you will see miracles happen in your observance of the Sabbath day as you put Heavenly Father first!  :)

I love you all so much!  :) 

Love,
Sister Worthen

In the big red wagon in Spokane.  There
are a ton of random "art" objects here,
including this wagon, complete with
a handle slide that we managed
to find a way down in our skirts!
Sister Johnson in the big red wagon


My study project - Finally complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment