Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Letter from this week:

October 19, 2015
1st Area--Moscow Idaho

Hi everyone!!!:) I hope everyone is doing well!

So we were on fire last week with SIX investigators at church!! That's like unheard of! But this week we only had one:( that was really hard for us. Debbie's baptism date also has to be pushed back awhile because she can't quit smoking. She wants to be baptized so bad and is so close but she just can't kick the e-cigs! Oh and one of our investigators can't be baptized for ELEVEN YEARS because he is on probation. We thought it was just a short few month probation... i'm not sure what he did to get eleven years of probation but basically he's not considered a progressing investigator anymore. Don also didn't come to church yesterday so we're really worried about that because last week he was progressing so well! And the worst was Zhao dropped us:( She said she comes to church because everyone is so nice, but when we committed her to living the word of wisdom and baptism she flat out told us no and that she wasn't interested in changing her life, only in coming to church to have friends and that she was curious about the book of mormon. So maybe in the future she will be baptized!! But it was a really tough week this week.... Hopefully this coming week is a lot better!! On the plus side we did see a few miracles this week!:):) We have four new potential investigators that we found while tracting that said we could come back this coming week and share a message with them. If they invite us back after that they will be considered new investigators!:) Another way cool blessing we saw this week was that Debbie asked for a blessing! She had been so against getting a blessing to help her quit smoking, but she texted us late one night and told us that she really really wanted a blessing. The next day we came over to her trailer with the elders (Elder Johnson our zone leader and his new missionary that came out with me Elder Holmes) and Elder Johnson gave one of the most powerful blessings i've ever heard in my life!! He blessed her to immediately feel the power of the Holy Ghost in her life to have that desire to stop smoking. Debbie isn't an emotional person, but she had tears streaming down her face after. I love hearing investigators describe feeling the spirit for the first time! She said she just felt love and peace washing over her and that she had the strongest desire not to smoke anymore! It really was an amazing experience to have!:) 

So a quick spiritual thought because i'm a missionary and that's what we do!!:):) If nothing else, i've learned so much about the atonement on my mission and how it affects me personally!! Growing up in the church you hear about the atonement all of the time, so it becomes almost something you don't really think about how big of a meaning it has. I teach the atonement all day to people, but i'm just beginning to finally understand that it applies to me personally!!!!!! Like i've never really done a huge thing in  my life where I needed the full weight of the atonement for repentance (like gone to prison or anything) but i'm finally understanding that Christ has felt what I feel EXACTLY, even when that is just homesickness or worry or fear or concern for my investigators. That has made all of the difference for me this week!!!!!

I love you all so much! Thank you for all of the letters and emails, i'll write letters in reply to the emails I got if you didn't get an email back from me today!:)

Pictures: Sister Vea and I matched one day, I'm getting really good at mastering the dog balloon animal, and a picture of part of my area while tracting:)

Have a great week!!
Love,

Sister Worthen

No comments:

Post a Comment