Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, October 12, 2015

First E-mail from the Mission Field

My first week in the field has been a good but crazy one!:) My first area is Moscow Idaho (woo! I know, every missionary wants to serve in Idaho;)) haha just kidding, it's actually really great and I love it! I'll probably be in this area for about 3 months is my guess. My trainer's name is Sister Vea and she is from Tonga!! She's so funny and we are so opposite so it definitely took a few days of getting to know each other's personality. She's very feisty and sassy, but we are getting along great!:) She doesn't have a drivers license so I am the one driving. I've gotten to know the area pretty quick that way! We have the car for half of the week and then we bike for the other half. There are so many hills here!! I'm going to maybe break even between all of the member meals and biking the hills!:) We have six investigators right now that we are hoping will be baptized in November for the most part! All six of them were at church yesterday which is amazing. I love them all so much already and I've only been here a week. Being a missionary is the greatest! Some days are kind of hard but making it through the hard days makes the good days even more worth it! Today i'll have time to write letters and such so check my blog for lots more details on the investigators and the area, my family will update them when they get the letter! I love you all!

My new address:

1531 Lenter St. Apt. #6
Moscow ID 83843

Ofa Atu!!! (that's Tongan for love you, I'm learning so much culture here in idaho!;))


Love, Sister Worthen!

No comments:

Post a Comment