Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Small Miracles and Meeting an Old Friend

Hi everyone!

Happy Valentine’s day (from this last week)!  I hope everyone is doing well!

This week has been a good week.  The first thing I want to tell you about is about some Social Media training that we were able to use.  We were trained on how to do social media referrals with the members.  So, before we started to meet with all of them, we wanted to demo it with Eric (our Ward Mission Leader in the YSA ward) and Alina.  We say a prayer with them and then have them pull up their friends list on social media.  Then we have them listen to the spirit and pick a friend that stands out to them.  Then right then and there we have them send a Mormon message and a personal message to them.  So cool!  The spirit was so strong, and Eric and Alina got fired up with it.  I literally love serving in a YSA ward so stinking much as a missionary!  :)

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Spackman.  She actually looked at my blog when she got her call!  :)  Go Mom and Dad for keeping the blog updated.  She’s been out about 4 months and we worked in her area in Ponderosa.  She had two lessons set up, but they both fell through.  :(   So we did a lot of finding today.  We saw a really cool miracle.  It was raining hard all day and was pretty cold.  We were completely soaked and pretty done with the day.  The last ten minutes of the night we decided to knock on one more door.  Total miracle!  We met R__ and T___, who let us right in!  R___ is family ward age and T___ is YSA age so found investigators for both of us set of sisters!  They’re roommates, and really open.  We invited them to a Relief Society activity and a church tour and they said they would be there tomorrow!  :)

The next morning, we were still working in Sister Spackman’s area, and I got to meet some of their investigators.  We went to meet one named V___, and it turns out that I had totally taught her before!  Back when I was covering the Foothills Ward in a trio with Sister Lott and Sister Olsen.  When she opened the door, I was like “V___!”  I think that totally surprised Sister Spackman.  V__ remember me, and gave me a pair of knitted slippers.  :)

We had another awesome miracle this week.  Our ward mission leader asked us to set up an appointment with a less active guy named J___.  Since we are both new to the area, we had no idea who J___ was, so we contacted the only one in our phone.  Turns out it was the wrong J___.  But this J___ that we contacted set up an appointment and met with us!  Turns out he was baptized at age 16, but when all of his Mormon friends moved to BYU, he stopped going to church.  Anyways, it was a super powerful lesson!  We watched Finding Faith in Christ and paused it now and then to talk about the video.  McKay and Jewel were both there and they were awesome fellowship to have with us!  YSA is the best!  J___ committed to come to church on Sunday!

I’m really enjoying this area, and I’m finally starting to feel like I’m getting the hang of the two wards here.  I’m enjoying working with Sister Blauer.  She will be going home this next week though, and I will miss her.  I will find out who my next (and last) companion will be on Sunday.  I’ll keep you posted!

Love you all!
Sister Worthen


With Sister Blauer at the temple grounds

The beautiful Spokane temple




With Sister Spackman, Sister Blauer,
and Sister Griffith
Valentines package from the Hekkings
Valentines package from Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment