Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, February 9, 2017

A miracle, Young Women's, and transferring to Spokane Valley!

Hi everyone!

This week has been a busy one.  We had Missionary Leadership Council this week, and President and Sister Dymock trained.  They always do such a great job training the missionaries!  The AP’s also trained on the new changes to the missionary schedules and the new 4 key indicators.  I saw a lot of my old companions there:  Sister Jackson, Sister Lott, and Sister Olsen.  I also saw Sister Blauer there.

We met with D___ this week to teach her.  I just love her, but Satan is really working overtime on her though with her decision to be baptized.  We’ll keep working with her and supporting her.

We had a miracle happen this week.  :)   We went tracting this week in Kellogg.  We prayed first and then picked a random street after driving around for a bit.  Then we tracted half the street, and after meeting a couple of people that were a bit mean to us, we decided to randomly cross the street and tract the middle of it.  The third door that we knocked on, an older lady and this high school aged girl answered.  We gave our little door approach and she says “come right in, I’d love to chat!”  Okay….. that has only happened to me maybe three times on my whole mission.  She got us some chairs and then flat out asks if we can give them both Books of Mormon to read!  She has a friend who is a member.  We gave a brief restoration lesson right then and there!  That doesn’t happen often at all!  She said she was from out of town and was just visiting her granddaughter, and the she was leaving the next morning.  She told us that us coming to the door was no coincidence and that she had prayed for it.  Her granddaughter wanted to take the lessons so we set up an appointment for next week.  Such a tender mercy.  Probably the coolest tracting experience I’ve ever had!  :)

We got a lot of snow this week, and in the middle of it, we went on exchanges, and I went with Sister McNeil to the Hayden Lake area.  She’s been out about three and a half months, and she did great today.  We taught a lesson with one of their investigators.  We got about a foot of snow overnight, while we were still on exchanges, so I stayed with Sister McNeil overnight and we shoveled a bunch of driveways for service the next morning, and then went back to Kellogg that day.

This Sunday, we taught part of the Young Women’s lesson in church.  When we all got up to recite the young women’s theme, I teared up in the middle of it.  It hit me how blessed I was in young women’s to have such good leaders and friends there!

Well, I better sign off.  I hope you all are doing well!

Love,
Sister Worthen


NOTE FROM MOM AND DAD:  On Tuesday (the day after this email), we got a text from a sister ward missionary in the Kellogg ward saying that Taya was being transferred to Spokane Valley in what they call an “Emergency Transfer”.  Apparently, there was a sister that needed a companion there in Spokane Valley, and the mission president needed to move Taya there.  We don’t know all the details yet, but look forward to finding out on Monday.  We’ve updated this blog with her new address.
At MLC with four of my companions: Sister Jackson,
Sister Chugg, Sister Olsen, and Sister Lott




Companions and friends at MLC





With Sister Chugg and Sister Olsen

All the missionaries and President and
Sister Dymock at MLC

With Sister Lott at MLC,
my companion in Green Bluff
With Sister Jackson, my companion
in Grand Forks

No comments:

Post a Comment