Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, February 16, 2017

First week in Spokane Valley

Hello from Spokane Valley!

So, crazy thing happened last P-day.  We were at the apartment getting ready to go out (p-day was almost over) and we got a call from President Dymock.  He said that he needed to make a change.  He said he realized that me and Sister Chugg had only been together for a short time and we were doing really well together.  But he says he’s been praying and praying about it, and needed to make a change in a couple of other places.  He said that he needed me to go to Spokane Valley, and had a sister that was going to take my place here in Kellogg.  He asked me and Sister Chugg what we thought, and we said we’d go and do whatever was needed.  So, on Tuesday, I went to Spokane Valley!  I’m going to miss serving with Sister Chugg.  She is a hard worker and I learned a lot from her.  I know she’ll do well here in Kellogg. 

In Spokane Valley, I am companions with Sister Blauer.  She actually goes home this next transfer.  Fun fact:  Sister Blauer and I actually went to elementary school together!  :)    Sister Blauer and I served in the same zone when I was in Cheney, Washington.  She’s a great missionary, and we are already close, and I love her to death!  She’s kind of intense like I am, so we are all kinds of intense all wrapped up into two sisters!  Look out Spokane Valley!  :)   Here in the Valley, we cover a regular residential ward, and we also cover a YSA ward.  Because we cover the YSA ward, we actually have a pretty large area that covers three stakes.  But in that large area, we only work with the YSA age people.  In the residential ward that we cover, we work with everyone there.

I love this new area!  We have a nice apartment, and we have a car since we cover a large area.  It’s probably the most populated area that I’ve served in so far.  The temple is here in our area, and the mission home is actually in our area as well.  The area is a little slow right now as far as teaching, investigators, etc., so we are definitely working in building our teaching pool.  One of the things that I love about serving in a YSA ward is they aren’t afraid to invite everyone to church!  :)  Our ward mission leader is a return missionary and is on fire.  :)   It’s nice to have a supportive mission leader who magnifies his calling.

Well, I hope you all have a good week.

PS.  My pictures from this week are mixed, some from Kellogg and some from here in Spokane Valley.

Love,
Sister Worthen



Me and Sister Lilly on exchanges

Sister Hsiao found this weird statue....strange

Sister Blauer and I outside the temple
Saw this funny sweatshirt in a store
window in Kellogg

Me, Sister Blauer, and a YSA named Jewel.  Jewel
went on visits with us as we taught.

Sister Blauer in the car

Our apartment in Spokane Valley



No comments:

Post a Comment