Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, April 6, 2017

General Conference and Peanut Butter

Hello from the Washington Spokane Mission!

Had a great lesson with M___ this week.  He prayed about the plan of salvation and getting baptized, and he said Heavenly Father told him “yes!”  :)   Yay!!!  I was so happy.  We pray that he can following through with it.  We did a church tour with him and taught another lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The spirit was really strong!  M__ wanted to move his date for baptism up because he was so excited!  We had another appointment with him and taught him the word of wisdom and the law of chastity, and he committed to live both.  The only concern he had with the W.O.W. was that he ate too much peanut butter.  :)   I guess that’s a physical trainer for you.  He’s decided that he wants to get baptized on April 12th!

We had district meeting this week, and President Dymock came to our meeting.  He and Sister Dymock live in our area.  I hope the District Leader didn’t feel extra pressure. :)  He did a great job though.  President also showed us the new first vision video that Britt told me about.  It really is amazing.  President also gave us new pass along cards.

General Conference was this weekend, and it’s been amazing!  It cuts into our proselyting time, but I totally loved watching it.  Five new temples announced, including one in the Philippines!  And the former mission president of the Spokane Mission spoke!

I love serving with Sister Lilley!  She’s a great missionary and an awesome companion!  I’m going to miss her and the other companions that I’ve served with here, and the awesome people in the Washington Spokane mission.  So weird that this will be my second to last letter to you guys! :)

You all have a great week!

Love you all,
Sister Worthen

At Mission Leadership Council this week

With Sister Lilley

A member of our ward has a dog that had six puppies.
German shepherd and lab mix

Cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment