Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Final Letter From the Washington Spokane Mission!

Hi everyone!

Well, I guess this is my last letter from the Washington Spokane Mission!  :)  Transfers are tomorrow and I’m staying an extra week and will be home on the 17th.  My current companion (Sister Lilley) is getting a new companion, which she will be training, and we will be in a trio until I go home next Monday.  Sister Lilley will do a great job training!  I’m excited for her!  :)  She gets to send a missionary home, and start training a new missionary all at the same time! I’ve really loved having her as a companion, and I’m going to miss her.  I’m thankful for this last week to let it sink in that I’m really going home.  So weird!

We taught M___ this week about tithing and fasting, and he is excited to do both.  I’m so excited for his baptism, and so excited for M___!  I’ve never taught anyone more prepared.  His baptism will be on Wednesday, April 12!  :)

We also met with C___ this week, which was good.  He hasn’t been to church for a few weeks, so we were starting to get worried.  We were able to meet with him though, and he’s planning on going to church this Sunday. :)

Last night we went to the mission home and had dinner and a meeting for the departing missionaries.  We had what we call the “tie cutting ceremony”.  Just a fun thing to do where we cut off a piece of a tie to signify that we are wrapping up our missions.  We also had a testimony meeting, and I totally had a hard time giving my testimony.  Yeah, pretty much cried through the whole thing.  :)  I’m really going to miss the good people here in this mission, the companions that I’ve had, and the Dymocks!  I’m so glad for this extra week that I get though!  :)

Today is my last P-day since I fly out next Monday!  It’s going to be a great week this week, and I’m looking forward to seeing you all when I get home!  Thank you so much for all of your letters, packages, your support, and your love!

Love you all,
Sister Worthen

PS:  This is what Paul had to say in Timothy:  “….and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith”!  :)



The "cutting of the tie" ceremony!

All the missionaries going home, with
the Dymocks

New missionaries coming in, with their trainers.

M___ at his baptism!  Note from parents:  A ward
member there sent us this picture this week!
When you haven't had time to eat anything but
oatmeal, cereal, and soup, the only
dirty dishes you have are bowls.  :)

3 comments: