Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bob Ross Painting, a "Golden" Investigator, and Peepholes

Hi from Spokane Valley, Washington!

I hope everyone is doing great.  This has been a busy, busy week here.  Here are the highlights:

On Monday, we had a YSA Family Night, and we had a Bob Ross painting activity.  It was a ton of fun.  I haven’t painted in forever, but I was reminded how much I love it.  I didn’t finish my painting, but got a good start on it.  And A___ came, which was great!

We met with M___ for the first time this week, and he is golden!  Literally golden.  He was the one that called and asked us how to get baptized last week.  We taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong!  He had a lot of questions like “why do I get chills when I go to church or pray?”  He’s already been reading the Book of Mormon.  He committed to be baptized on the 15th of April and to meet with us twice a week!  :)  We taught him a second time later this week on the plan of salvation.  He actually bore his testimony to us about being an instrument in God’s hands to help his family.  :)  Missionary work is such a beautiful amazing work!

Sister Spackman (from the Ponderosa sisters) spent a little bit of time with us this week.  We taught a less active guy in their area named B___, and he strengthened my testimony so much!  He is like a Mormon that uses nondenominational wording.  :)   He talked about becoming worthy to go to his niece’s wedding in the temple, because he baptized her when she was eight. :)

We also had another appointment lined up with C__ and T__, but they didn’t answer their door.  We could totally see them looking through the peephole though!  :)  I don’t think that people realize that you can see the peephole go dark when someone is looking through it. :)

So, this week was my 18-month mark here in the mission.  That’s super weird for me!  We got to go to the temple this week, which is here in my area.  It was so needed, since it’s been awhile since we last were able to go.  I got the impression when there that I should prepare and pay close attention to General Conference coming up.  I am excited for Conference!  We were able to see the General Women’s conference broadcast, and it was awesome.

We’ve been planning and practicing for a Missionary Musical Fireside, and that was last night.  It was a full house, and a ton of people came.  It went amazing.  The spirit was so strong, and it definitely made us sound way better than we actually were.  Sister Wagstaff is our choir director and she has helped us so much to actually sound good!  It hit me a couple of times while we were singing Joseph Smith’s first prayer that I’m coming home soon.  I love this calling and the spirit and consecration that comes with it.  I’m scared to not have that once I go home. 

Thank you so much for all your letters, packages, and love that you’ve sent my way.  I really appreciate it!!

Love,
Sister Worthen




Making treats

No comments:

Post a Comment