Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Companion, New Zone, and Attending the Temple

Hi everyone!

This week has been one of downs and ups.  We had a few of our investigators drop their interest, and aren’t meeting with us anymore.  But, we came across a few less active members that said they would come to church!  :)  This month, one of our goals was to have our recent converts be able to attend the temple and do baptisms.  We got Virginia, Diana, and the Sowards to the temple.  The Sowards were able to take their grandparents names for baptisms, and Diana and Virginia got to do confirmations.  I love going with people to the temple for the first time.  It helps me feel like an effective missionary and that I’m making a difference!  :)  As we went through the doors, Virginia said that “Heavenly Father feels like he is here.”  :)  We had a follow up lesson with the Sowards latter in the week, and they told us how strong the spirit was during the baptisms at the temple.  I love them so much!

This week, we have had fewer days to proselyte because Elder Keetch of the Seventy came to create the new stake and zone, and did a mission tour.  We met at a stake center in Spokane, and it was such a good meeting.  It went all day, but was great!  Elder Keetch trained us on finding the elect.  He also shared about his mission to Germany and how he only had one baptism his entire mission, but he was still successful because he worked hard and gave his all. We also had two hours were we got to ask him any question we wanted and he would answer them.

Alyce is on date for baptism on July 30th!  Alyce is paralyzed from the waist down and is a bit worried about being dropped in the water.  In our visits this week, we talked with her about her fears, and read Alma 7:14-15 with her.  We will do all we can to help her. :)

We also found a new family to teach.  They said we could come back next week and teach them, so we will see how interested they are.

I took a bunch of pictures this week, and Mom and Dad, can you post those on my blog?  I need to explain one of them.  I bought Sister Jackson an emoji  pillow that I thought was the top of an ice cream cone.......... no one told me that there was a poop emoji!  We got a good laugh about that one.

So transfer calls were last night.   Sister Paget is being transferred to Pullman, Washington.  :(  I will miss her a lot here in Green Bluff.  I am staying in the Green Bluff area and Sister Mallory Lott will be my new companion!  I served around her in Cheney.  She is super kind and sweet, and I'm excited.  Sister Jackson is transferring to Canada, in the Northern part of our mission, and I’m going to miss her as well.  Sister Parker is staying here, and her new companion will be Sister Hartle.  They will continue to cover the Colbert area.  Even though I am not moving to a new area, our area is now in the new Mount Spokane Zone.  In our zone, it’s just us and one other set of sisters, and the rest are all elders.  The other sisters that live here and cover the Colbert area will stay in the Spokane North Zone.

Well, that’s it for my week this week.  I’m feeling great and loving the work!  Thanks for all your support!

Love you all,
Sister Worthen :)


Sister Paget and I.  Last day as
companions together.  :(

Sister Jackson is transferring to Canada.  :(

The last that all four of us are together

I was sad because non of our investigators came to church, so
Sister Jackson grabbed a blanket and told me "we can
be depressed blanket burritos together."  :)

Tried doing yoga one morning.  It didn't turn out so well.  ;)

One of the members "little" puppies.  I think I take more
pictures of me holding baby animals than anything else.  :)


With Alyce


Diana at the temple with Sister Page and I

The Sowards and us at the temple

With Virginia at the temple

The pretty area that we get to serve in!

I thought it was a chocolate ice cream emoji pillow.
No one told me there is a poop emoji!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment