Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Some More Random Thoughts

Hi everyone!

Note from Mom and Dad:  Taya didn’t write a “group” email home this week again, so the things in this post are just some comments, thoughts, and pieces pulled from her written letter, her email to us, etc.  Just some random updates and such from her:

IT"S SO HOT HERE I"M DYING!!!!! Today it got up to 104 degrees and the day before it was 106.  We don't have an air conditioner in our apartment either.  ;)   And we are outside a lot of the time so that's interesting.  ;)   I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a small taste of how Brittin feels sweating all day in the Philippines!

I have no clue what will happen with transfers in a few weeks with a new stake being created here and us possibly switching zones.... we'll have to see!!  I think one of the new stakes is going to be in the Valley Stake and the other will stay in the North Stake.  I hope I stay in the same area because we do a lot of teaching.  We have fourteen investigators right now!  Their progression is a bit slow... it will take a lot to get them close to baptism but I just love having the opportunity to teach so much and having so many appointments, and working with these great people!  :)   We found four new investigators this week!  :)

Alyce is still keeping the Word of Wisdom, which is great!  We also had a great appointment with Nick this week.  Bishop Stumm and his wife joined us for the lesson.  We decided to go back to the basics of the Restoration, and the Bishop did a great job in his teaching.  He definitely has the spirit with him!

Sister Paget is a Sister Training Leader here in our zone, and with that, she needs to go on splits with the other sisters in the zone.  So this week I went on splits with the Colbert Ward sisters, Sister Jackson and Sister Parker for a day or two.  We also all had a blitz in the Colbert area, which was productive.  :)

We attend two church meetings here each week, the Green Bluff ward, and the sacrament meeting at the Regency Nursing Home.  We have a few investigators there as well.  That makes for some busy Sundays for us, which is good.  I love sacrament meeting because it gives me some time where I don’t have to be talking with someone, planning for something, or have my bubbly pants on.  (NOTE from Mom and Dad:  Taya uses the words “bubbly pants” to refer to those times when a missionary may be having a difficult day, or may not be in the best of moods, but still needs to be friendly, engaging, and excited when visiting with people about the Gospel.)  I can just sit and think and reflect on the Savior.  I try to read my patriarchal blessing then too.  This week was fast Sunday and as a mission we are supposed to share our testimony with the ward each month.  After this I’ll never be nervous to get up there in my home ward again!  :)

I love you all so much!  I’m happy here and doing great!  :)

Love,
Sister Worthen :)


With Sister Paget, Sister Jackson, and Sister Parker

My emoji pillow!

Someone posted this picture of Sister
Paget and I at the "Professional Hoola
Hooping" Young Womens Activity



Sister Jackson and I on exchanges holding some
little kitties.  For some reason, I get to hold a
lot of cute baby animals here.  :)
One of the apartment that we tract at
caught on fire this week

No comments:

Post a Comment