Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Sort-of Halfway Mark, Beautiful Area, and Attacked by a Dog

Hi everyone!

So, some sad news first:  We got a call from Alyce’s daughter Rhonda saying that Alyce had been in the E.R. for two days and was going to have to spend the next ten days in the hospital. :(  So we drove up to Holy Family Hospital to go see her and share a message.  She has a pressure sore infection and has a hole about the size of a grapefruit on her side now.  :(  Poor thing!  I love Alyce to death though.  She is one of those special people on my mission for me, regardless if she gets baptized or not.  She won’t be able to get baptized for at least three months until that heals.  After being in the hospital, she will need to stay at a rehabilitation/nursing center.  It’s out of our area, so we introduced the elders to her (that cover that area).  They will continue to work with her.  They are really good elders, so I’m not worried about her.  But I will miss her so much!

I love Sister Lott.  She is awesome!  Literally the easiest person to get along with. :)  July 4th is her birthday.  I think that would be an awesome day to have a birthday!  We made her a cake and decorated the apartment.

We went to teach “N” this week.  I’ve never met anyone more prepared before.  She had read the introduction in the Book of Mormon, the testimony of 3 and 8 witnesses, and Joseph Smith’s testimony along with the first chapter of Nephi.  No one ever does that!  :)  And she was talking about how much she loved it and related to it.  We taught her the plan of salvation and she just soaked it all in well.  We’re not sure if her dad will let her go to church though, so that might be a road block.  Why is it that the most prepared people are always the ones put into the hardest situations?

To help us save miles on our car, Sister Dixon (one of our ward missionaries) drove us around to some of the more far reaching places of our area.  No one was home, or had locked gates at the end of their driveways, but holy smokes our area is so beautiful!  I got to see parts of our area that I’ve never seen before because they are so far out.  We have part of the Mt. Spokane State Park in our area, and it’s so pretty.  My heart falls in love over and over again with the land up here. :)  It’s going to be so hard to leave, when that time comes.

I’ve sort of officially reached my nine month mark now.  It’s been nine months since I went into the MTC.  But with the time that I was home for my health problems, and extending my mission a bit because of that, I still have about ten or so months left.  I still went ahead and celebrated my halfway mark though, since everyone that came out to the mission celebrated it as well.

The work seems to be picking up more this week.  We’ve had some more referrals and taught some new investigators, so definitely a better week work wise.  It has been an interesting week though, between being blessed by a Catholic Priest that we tracted across (he waved his cross across us on his porch), being attacked by a dog in the trailer park which we had to run from, getting lost in the mountains and having to ask for directions in an Asian bar, it’s been a bit different.  :)  Sister Lott and I just laugh together at everything.

We had some great lessons with the Sowards this week.  I love them so much, they are just the sweetest!  Rick made a comment that the pathway to Heaven is probably guarded by U.S. Marines.  :)

Well, I love you all.  I’m healthy and doing well.  I’m loving the work, and it’s the best thing ever to be in the Lord’s service!

Love you,
Sister Worthen :)

Sister Lott and I getting festive
for the Fourth of July!


Decided to wear red, white, and blue for the holiday


I don't think we can drive with these glasses!  :)

We decorated the apartment for Sister Lott's birthday


Picking raspberries on the farm for breakfast
Hump Day!

Nine months out

Just goofing around

Another pic in front of the Harvest House

My tan line is now just hilarious



No comments:

Post a Comment