Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Social Media and in a "Finding" Phase

Hello from Spokane Washington,

So, this week I picked up my new companion, Sister Lilley.  She is so awesome!  She is funny and a hard worker, but doesn’t get uptight about things and is laid back.  I just love her!

Since transfers take place in our area, we helped on transfer day helping missionaries move stuff and get with their new companions.  Then we took Sister Lilley’s stuff home to our apartment and to get her all situated.  She about died when she saw our apartment.  :)  It is a pretty nice apartment.

This week we didn’t have many lessons with investigators.  We are in a “finding” phase right now.  On one day, we were trying to visit some potential investigators that missionaries had come in contact with in the past, and we found a YSA investigator.  Her name is W___ and we set up a church tour with her.  I’m excited about that!

We met this week with C___ and J___, two active YSA members (who totally like each other, but aren’t dating yet), and did the social media referral lesson with them.  It went pretty well! :)  I’m excited to use social media for missionary work.  That’s what is was created for in the first place.  :)  I wasted way too much time on social media before my mission.

I did have one evening this week where I was down.  We went to dinner with the U__ family, and I felt so bad because my stomach was not having it and making these super, super loud noises.  They all just kind of stared at me. :)  Needless to say we had to come home after that and Sister Lilley did some admin work while my colon decided to hate me.  :)  Sister Lilley is awesome though, and I love her.

This week was mainly a lot of searching and finding.  I know the Lord will bless us if we keep working hard!

You all have a great week!

Love,
Sister Worthen


With Sister Lilley

No comments:

Post a Comment