Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Transfers!

Hello from the Spokane Mission!

I hope that everyone is doing well.  Things here in Grand Forks, BC are going along pretty well.  We are teaching a couple named D___ and R___.  I’ve enjoyed teaching them, and I think D__ would be ready to be baptized right now, but she is working on quitting smoking and coffee.  We’ve been praying so hard for her and R___.

We’ve also been teaching another couple named D___ and C___ and this week we had dinner with them and then taught them about baptismal covenants.  They are both progressing really well, and I think that D___ would also be baptized now if it wasn’t for her being in a boot and in a wheelchair for two more months.

I’ve learned how to pronounce some more words like they do here in Canada.  For instance, the Canadians pronounce “about” as “a-boot”, and “process” as “proh-cess”, and “sorry” as “saw-ree”, and “lever” as “lee-ver”.  I’m starting to use the pronunciations in my speech now. :)

It’s been really cold here with highs in the single digits.  My eyelashes literally froze, and when they thawed, my mascara dripped.  :)  I wear two pairs of leggings, 3 pairs of socks, a big thermal ski coat, thick gloves, and a hat and scarf.  I also put hand warmers up in the shoulders of my coat.  :) 

I’ve decided to read the four gospels in 100 days.  That’s 2 pages a day.  And I’m doing it side-by-side with “Jesus the Christ”.  So far I’m loving it!  I’ve learned so much and I’m only four days in now.  If any of you want a new idea for your scripture study, you ought to give that a try!

So President Dymock called this week and told me that I’m being transferred to the Kellogg/Wallace/Pinehurst area.  That is east of Coeur d’Alene about 30 miles, and up in a mountainous area.  My companion will be Sister Chugg who goes home in 6 weeks.  I’ve served around her in the North Spokane Zone, and she’s a really good missionary!  I’m really going to miss serving with Sister Olsen though, and I’m going to miss Grand Forks and the great people that are there.  But I’m looking forward to my new area and serving with Sister Chugg.

Next time you hear from me, it’ll be from the states again!  Talk to you all next week.  Have a great week.

Thanks for the letters and emails!


Love, Sister Worthen


This is the basketball hoop on the side of our apartment.
A pipe froze and broke inside the wall and dripped
down on to the hoop.

We decorated our room for Sister Olsen's birthday.

Goofing around with our investigators D___ and C___.

With D___ and C___

The planner I got for Christmas from Kenzie!

Christmas PJs from my family.

My Christmas presents from home.

With Sister Olsen

This is at the Missionary Leadership Conference

Facials on P-day

Sam, Tobias, and Jordan opening their Christmas gifts.





The Colville zone with Pres. and Sis. Dymock

No comments:

Post a Comment