Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Monday, May 16, 2016

Random Thoughts

Note from Mom and Dad:  Taya didn’t write a “group” email home this week, so the things in this post are some things taken from here and there such as her email to us, her written letter this week, etc.  Just some random thoughts and updates that she's written:

This week we got to welcome in the new sister missionaries that are sweeping into the Colbert Ward.  They are fantastic!  Their names are Sister Jackson and Sister Parker.  Sister Jackson has been out for nine months and is from Ogden.  Sister Parker is from Florida and is straight from the MTC.  We all get along great!  It’s going to be a great transfer being able to serve with Sister Paget and these two new sisters.

We also found out that Nick and Heather are moving to Alaska!  :(   Heather is flying up on Thursday to live with her parents and find a new job.  Nick is staying in Washington for a few months to sell the house, so we can keep teaching him for a while.  We went over to visit with them this week.  It’s crazy how fast you come to love people on a mission!  Since they are moving, it looks like we will be spending some time “finding” for a bit.  :)   Hello tracting!

We had some good teaching appointments this week with Jocelyn and Elijah and Alice, and taught several lessons this week.

On Thursday, we had our weekly planning day, and we do it out in the orchard.  It’s awesome because it’s so pretty outside, and it keeps you awake.  :)   Bo always lies at my feet while we plan or study outside.  I love that dog!

Ok family, I have a challenge for you all:  will you read the Book of Mormon as a family before I get home?  :)  That gives you just under a year to be able to read it, which is doable :)   I know that we’ve read it before, but I promise that if you do it again we will be able to see the blessings pour out of heaven for us as a family and be able to get through whatever hard trials come our way together!   :)

Dad, I’m so sorry to hear about the job, and that they cut all 300 people there at the studio!  :(  Hopefully you guys won’t have to move anywhere new.  I’m praying for you all.  Thanks for the reassurance that all will work out and be okay.

My health has been great, and I’ve been feeling good.  My new favorite food here is fresh strawberries!  Also, there is a place here called “The Harvest House” which is like a famous little orchard bakery with amazing jams and pies and such.  It’s super cute.  I may have cheated my FODMAP diet a bit and gotten some homemade bubblegum ice cream ....... and it didn’t kill me!  :)

 Sister Paget is awesome and I love her to death, and we get along great!  The work is going really well here too!  So many miracles every day, and Heavenly Father is definitely watching over this area!

I love you all a ton!

- Sister Worthen


Holding some chickens!

Sister Paget and I

A few great members of the ward here

Helping clean one of our investigators homes

Sister Paget and I visiting a family

Our study spot in the orchard.
Bo keeps us company.

Saw this in a little shop here, and figured I'd
take a picture in honor of all of these
I've had to have so far!  :)


Sister Paget and I with
Sister Jackson and Sister Parker

One of the families we were teaching
had a little 5 month old puppy that I held
through the whole lesson.  She decided to lick
my face for a bit.

The Harvest House - A famous little orchard bakery
here in the area

No comments:

Post a Comment