Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tender Mercies, Milk Bones, and a Baptism

Hey everyone!

This week has been a fantastic one!  :)  Rick and Mary Sowards were both baptized and confirmed this week as the newest members of the Green Bluff ward!  They are the sweetest couple in the world.  Rick had to be baptized twice because his knee didn't go under the first time.  After he said that "sometimes you have to dunk people twice to really get all of the sin out of 'em!"  He's a sweet guy.  Their testimonies are beautiful.  A lot of people from the ward came, as well as some other missionaries with their investigators.  President Dymock came as well!

This transfer we are really focusing on helping all of the recent converts get to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.  Transfers are this week and Sister Paget and I will be staying together in the Green Bluff ward.  I'm so excited! We are also getting two new sister missionaries that will be living here and serving in the Colbert ward.  I'm grateful to be a part of Heavenly Father's great work that He is doing here in Spokane.  Thank you for all of your love and support on the mission!

It was great to Skype yesterday.  I love my family so much!  :)  Thanks for always making it a great experience for me.  I love you all!!!  Grandpa sent me a package of a bunch of rice cakes and gluten free pretzels and macadamia nuts.  That was awesome!  Thanks Grandpa!

Yesterday, at P-Day I bought a box of milk bones for Bo (the dog we live with) and I carry some around in my bag for proselyting.  They come in handy.  Missionary tip:  If you want people to like you, then like their dog!  :)  That should be in the “Preach My Gospel” handbook.  :)

We had a church tour this week with an investigator.  It was really powerful, and church tours are my favorite.  We committed her to pray if June 11th was the right day for her to be baptized!  She is so sweet, and I just love her to death.  We also taught another lady about the restoration.  We will see how that progresses.  While walking through the apartment complex we met a lady from the Philippines!  She was from Manila and cleaned the apartments.  She has three kids and a husband that she hasn’t seen in six years because there is not work for her in the Philippines.  So she works here and sends her paychecks over to her family.  I told her all about Britt serving his mission there.  She was really, really set on being Catholic, but it was still cool to talk to her!

This church is true.  It is God's only true church on the earth in its fullness.  That testimony is one that we each have to gain for ourselves.  It can be hard when people, media, and the world today are fighting a hard battle against the church.  But it's a truth of eternity that we can come to understand and know for ourselves.  The restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith is true!! It's amazing and wonderful and such an example of the love that God has for his children.  How beautiful it is to be a part of this work.

Love you all!


- Sister Worthen

The Sowards, Sister Paget and I



The Carr family let us Skype from their house.
Thank you Carrs!

The beautiful area here in Green Bluff

No comments:

Post a Comment