Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Back In The Game!

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to be back in the mission field!  It's been such a crazy week.  I barely made the flight switch!  (note from Mom and Dad:  She had to fly from SLC to Seattle, and had just a few minutes to make her connecting flight from Seattle to Spokane).  I was the last one on the plane and had to run and we took off about two minutes after I boarded.  My luggage didn't make the flight though and we had to have it delivered to my house about four hours later.  ;)  But I'm here so that's what matters!  I absolutely love missionary work!  I'm serving in Mead, Washington in the Green Bluff ward!  My companion is Sister Cami Paget.  She graduated the same year that I did and went to Viewmont High School! She's amazing.  We live on a strawberry farm with a few emus!  Random animals, I know.  :)  Our area is so beautiful!  I absolutely love the area.  It's the prettiest place in the entire world.  Our area is pretty big, and it’s mostly hills, farms, and orchards, with some homes and communities here and there.  Mom and Dad, if we ever win the lottery we should totally buy a cabin in the area.  I love our investigators a ton.  We are going to be having a baptism at the end of this transfer!  It's for this older couple named the Sowards who have been investigating the church for two years now!  It's been so much fun planning their baptism.  We got to go to the temple today so today is our P-day instead.  :)  I missed all of the Sisters here so much and it's been so great to see them again! :D  We also got lost the other day and we found ZONKEYS!  Zebras and donkeys mixed.  They have the strangest animals on the farms up here!  I've been feeling really good and the ward here has been great about feeding us with all of my diet restrictions! 

Love you all!

- Sister Worthen 

(ps:  it's so great to be able to call myself Sister again!  :)  ) 

Sister Paget and I

At the Spokane Temple today

Temple

One of the three emus that live on the farm we live at

Sisters from our mission

We live in the basement of the furthest house
 with another set of sisters

Me and Bo.  We are basically best friends.
I taught him how to sit the other day.
He's our farm dog.

Beautiful scenery!

Zonkeys!  A mix of a zerbra and a donkey.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment