Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission

Called to Serve in the Washington Spokane Mission
"Come, Thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace, Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, Teach me ever to adore Thee, May I still Thy goodness prove."

Sunday, September 27, 2015

First Letter From the MTC!

Here's Taya's first email from the MTC:

Hi everyone!!!
So to start off It's crazy busy being here!! They definitely work you to the bone! My district is really strict on only emailing and writing letters on P day, so i'll take advantage of it all day!:) My companions name is Sister Armstrong from Elko Nevada! She's amazing and such a good listener. We teach in different ways so we make a really good team. My district consists of us and three other companionships of elders, so we are the only sisters in the district. We're already all really close, they're like brothers!!!:) We all do our fair share of teasing with each other but the spirit is so strong in classes!! I room with four other sisters and we're all pretty close and laugh a lot:) The first few days have definitely been hard and a bit overwhelming, but each day that goes by gets better and better!!! So Saturdays are my P-days and we already have our flight tickets out of here! We leave on October 5th at 3:30 in the morning, our flight is at 8:30 and we'll be in Spokane by 9:30!! So our teachers names are Sister Felt and Brother Christiansen and they're awesome. Classes are reaaaallly long but amazing and I need the extra time to study!!! We taught our first "investigator" named Bill (really it's just Brother Christiansen pretending to be someone else;)) and I think we mostly just confused him.... but it actually went a lot better than I thought it would have for our first lesson!! It's crazy because you think you have a plan and then you get in there and it goes totally different than what you think. We met with our branch president on Thursday, but they are being released on Sunday so we'll get to meet another branch president then:) 
So we don't get to go to the temple:( it's closed this week and next week for conference:( So my district doesn't get to go, but we get to watch conference in the MTC which will be a way cool experience! I'm excited for Sunday tomorrow! I'm finally learning where everything is and not getting lost every two seconds;) We get our first real investigators on Monday! Most of them are members but there are some non members mixed in there too. They don't tell you if they are a member or a non member:) Hopefully we'll be able to simplify our lessons so that we don't get too overwhelming with them!! I think that's our main problem right now:) I love being in the MTC (although i'm kind of excited to leave and be in Spokane;)) and I love being a missionary!! The spirit is SO strong here and I've learned more about the gospel in the three days I've been here than I think I really ever have in my entire life! They call us English Speaking MTC missionaries the "twelve day miracles" because we are in and out of here so fast but we've already learned so much:)) The food here kind of stinks, its the same thing every other day, but it could definitely be worse:) I've also learned it's impossible to take a ten minute shower, I don't know how the Elders get ready so fast! Us sister missionaries are always rushing around in the mornings:) My new best friend is the eliptical machines:) I'm excited for the next coming week! Only one week left (and two days) until i'm a missionary in Spokane Washington!!!!!!!:) I still have so much to learn and to grow, and even though the first couple of days have been tough, each day gets better and better:) I love this gospel and I love being a missionary!! 

I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Worthen (how cool is it to say that as a missionary now?!;))

No comments:

Post a Comment